Re: [nise] Re: Hosta Variegation (clarification)--Snow Flurry & Ilk

In a message dated 8/15/1999 10:56:43 AM Central Daylight Time,
jmahosta@WinterberryFarms.com writes:

<< but are any of the others
 available commercially (such as Snow Flurry)?  I can not repress my
 scientific curiosity. >>
 I wonder why anyone would want Snow Flurry or why anyone cares about it.
I went through two in different environments and both died---not from
neglect. Methinks it is like unto an oral contract===not worth the paper it's
written on.
It is quite unattractive. As is Spilt Milk, IMO.

The both of them are way overrated as garden plants.
 I suspect that the "unusual" variegation is some benign form of virus. I see
absolutely no reason to try to introduce it into new cultivars.

Jim, you can get a division from Soules Garden--maybe.

Clyde Crockett z5