Re: Fertilizing

In a message dated 8/21/1999 8:54:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
wilddog@venus.net writes:

<< With which expert on the benefits of mono culture must I debate.
 > Butch, >>

One small thing that I have learned over the last few years raising plants -
is that to have the most uniform and strongest plants-plant all the same
plants of one cultivar together and do not mix diffrent types.
When diffrent plants are mixed together their diffrent leaf shapes and sizes
conflict with each other and both plants are weakened or one dominates the
You can grow a larger number of healthy plants as a monoculture as apposed to
a mixed collection of differently shapes plants.
Ascetically I like a mixture-but plants are viscous creatures that compete
with one another.