Re: Monoculture

"James M. Anderson" wrote:

> This monoculture thing has started a firestorm.  Please, do not confuse
> commercial agriculture with gardening. ...
> I think we need to Chill Out as my daughter likes to tell me and enjoy our
> Hosta gardens.  Amend the soil, add fertilizer and mulch, and watch them
> grow.  Fight the battle for sustainable agriculture elsewhere.

I agree totally, we went from hostas to feeding the world.  Organic gardening is
a fine way to grow plants, but it is not the only way.  People who practice it
tend to think that the rest of us are ruining the world.  My point, which was
ignored, is that before you tell me that I'm doing something bad, you should be
able to tell me what harm I am doing if I don't follow your rules.  I never saw
that happen.  The questions were about backyard hosta gardens and the answers
were about world agriculture.