Re: preferred......to be ignored by members of the board of directors.

Jane M. wrote:  (about the silver book)

"Besides being a potential moneymaker for AHS, ....."

Why is the AHS is still trying to sell the 1992 edition of the silver

Answer: Because that's the last year one was printed.

Is the purpose of the silver book to make a profit for the AHS?

Or is it's purpose to disseminate information about registered hostas?

Well..............which is it?  We need an official answer to this

With registrations being published twice a year it will be impossible to
keep a print edition up to date. (last edition, 1992)

It is possible to have up to date versions of the silver book printed
right off of the internet. This means anybody with a computer and a
printer could print one out. This would mean the AHS would not be stuck
with eight year old silver books in stock.

With the last discussion on uses of the internet coming to an end with
the suggestion from someone(I believe a member of the board of
directors)  that those with such bright ideas should volunteer their
services to implement such bright ideas.......

I respond: I don't know how. I will help if I can.

Are the Yearbook and the Directory so much more important than the
Silver Book that they need new editions every year while the Silver Book
goes without a new edition for eight years?

Who stands to profit from this bottlenecking of hosta registration

How long can the AHS ignore the importance of the internet in forming
policy by refusing to partake in open discussion?

Why have so many malcontents gathered on the internet?

How many members of the Executive Board have e-mail and don't have the
time to participate in internet discussions?

I say, off with their heads. If they don't have the time, get someone in
there that does.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7