Preferred Growers

Clyde if you keep this on personalities then nothing will happen because so
many will come to the defense of one or more of these individuals and the
big issue will be lost. Leave out the names and focus on the principal
points we want changed. And don't make the list very long or we'll never
get a large enough consensus to be effective.

> I agree. I should think that most growers will cease advertizing in the
>Journal. Actually, and Ran is right, there is no reason to advertize in the
>Journal, if you send out catalogues and/or lists. The only people I know
>ad only in the Journal are the Minks.
>Folks, PLEASE believe me. This is not about money--it is about power. The
>wants to control every aspect of hostadom. They want Dave Stevenson to be
>important. I can tell you that if I sent a pic of Lancifolia in bloom to
> and with the 6-inch ruler in the pic and my $5 and filled out the form and
>named it 'Green Stick',
>he would register it.
>Ran and all,
>I can tell you what will happen at the October meeting(which btw is being
>paid for by members' dues)==the Solberg mafia will come up with some more
>ridiculous policy.
>We must get rid of Wilkins, Burns, Solberg, and all the other "officers."
>This can only be done at the next convention---as long as we can vote by
>Clyde Crockett
>Clyde C.
Butch Ragland So. Indiana zone 5