Commercial interest / determined masses / interesting subjects

Jim Langhammer,

In an earlier posting you wrote:

" I realize that AHS has become dominated by commercial interests and
that is too bad. Nonetheless, the membership can change that orientation
the masses are determined!"

I wish you would elaborate on your above statements? Many of us are
wondering who or what is driving recent AHS decisions.

Your views on the above would be much more interesting than your attempt
at running interference for C.H. Falstad. After all, C.H. is a big boy
and can speak for himself if he so desires.
You wrote:
"But there are civil, politically proper arenas to address these
concerns - by attending annual meetings, writing letters, and VOTING
your concerns to the AHS Board and Journal! "

I would add Hosta-Open to your above list of politically proper arenas.
I hope your omission of the internet for voicing concerns was

Because if it wasn't, you ain't going to like it around here.

Please tell us what you know about these commercial interest that have
taken control of the AHS.

 Many of us are concerned that the AHS is in a self destructive mode and
has lost sight of it's original goal of promoting hostas and instead has
become a political organization.

Thank You,

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE