Re: AHS Incorporation/Preferred Growers, etc.

In a message dated 8/27/1999 5:51:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
true-blue@prodigy.net writes:

<< And to respond to the interesting point that the AHS bylaws have not
 been resubmitted for changes to the state of Minnesota leads me to
 believe that all our worries are for nought.  If they have not been
 resubmitted for changes, then the IAC is automatically null and void,
 and cannot be enforced upon our membership!  If I am wrong in this
 theory, and supposition, please correct me. If I'm right, then it may be
 time to celebrate! :)
 I hope Diane is right, but here is the problem: The administration of the
AHS rarely follow the By-Laws;indeed, I should think that only one member of
the administration has read them, Kevin Walek.
The other problem is that the By-Laws are so vaguely worded that the
institution of the IAC policy is probably permissible, UNDER THE BY-LAWS. I
emphazise that clause merely to point out that permissible or not, the policy
is contrary to the purposes and policies of the AHS, a tax-exempt charitable
corporation.Thus, the AHS, interfering with commercial interests directly,
may be in danger of losing its status.

The members should oppose the policy at the next opportunity AND the growers
should refuse to advertise in the Journal and have nothing further to do with
the AHS.

I think Joanne is right: Those new to hostas will find out through other
means about worthy hostas and sellers of hostas. The AHS is a dead letter in
that regard.

I think the administration should read the Sherman Act and the Clayton Act.
[Note that they kicked off the Executive Committee the only person who could
set them straight.]

Clyde Crockett z5