Re: First Love ???

In a message dated 8/25/99 8:43:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
RONLIVES@prodigy.net writes:

<<  Would anyone like to share the anwsers to the following questions?
            #1. What started your interest in hostas ?
            #2. Did you have a " first-love", if so, which hosta ? >>

OK, better late than never......I have been gardening a number of years, and
when we bought our house from my husbands Grandmother, the "landscaping" was
probably 30 years old and unattended except the occasional trim of the
shrubbery. We ripped everything out, and with little cash, I dug all the beds
borrowing my neighbors tiller and a hand shovel. Started out, like many, with
the suburban standard - Undulata Univitatta from my neighbor.  THEN I went
down to visit my mom who is also into gardening and she turned me on to "The
Hosta Lady" as I call her.  Well I never imagined the variety of shape, size,
color and form of the Genus! There is no one first love, but the few I had to
have?  Green Pie Crust, Tokudamo Aureonebulosa, Elegans, Masquerade and
Kabitan.  That was 2 years ago, and I'm up to 56 as of the today's Auction at
our local WNYHS Picnic (Thanks Ran!!)

Lori Johnson