Local Hosta Societies

I am looking for ideas for our local society, 'The Greater Carolina Hosta
Society'.
We ( the board members ) are meeting this week to plan 2001 meetings,
garden tours, etc.   Not only am I looking for ideas for meetings but also
for our newsletter,
as I am the editor.  A couple of ideas I had on my list for our meeting
included:

1. Photo contest - pictures on display with judging in several different
categories.
2.  A couple of the meetings have garden tours and maybe visit a local
nursery.
3. I t would be nice to have cut-leaf show but I am not sure how to get this
started.

I am interested to know what are some of the other local societies are doing
at their
meetings??

Michael