Re: Christmas Rose?

Joe wrote,
RE:>>Does that mean you are giving up on hostas?

I believe Ben would be referring to the fact that he would be "moving
on" past trying to offer this article for publication and then wondering
what's happening with it, and that he probably has to do research on
multiple plants because of his position with the University.  One only
has so much time... He will likely be simply waiting for someone to edit
or review the article.  I do hope he is NOT withdrawing it from
consideration for publication.  Personally, I believe the Pope will give
up Catholicism before Ben would give up Hosta research forever, but
I could be wrong.  I truly hope that I am not.

I know he may be feeling disappointed--he has openly shared some of
those feelings here.  I do know that this feeling is NOT well founded,
however, because of other communcations.  There have been many articles
published in the AHS Journal that he has authored (five?) so I believe
this current article review problem is much more about staffing and
linguistics than anything else.  I have heard that Rick Grazzini has had
some issues to contend with that have greatly restricted his time and
availability.  This is not good and we all wish the best for Rick, as
well.

It is very unfortunate for the Hosta research community, however, when
we lose the focus of any researcher.  We don't want people moving
AWAY from doing research on this plant, but toward it!  After all, how
many people across the country, or the world for that matter, are doing
Flow Cytometry or Fuelgen microspectorphotometry work with Hostas?  Who
has the budget?  Who has access to the equipment?

And what the hell is a Christmas Rose?  Comeback.... comeback.... Don't
give in to the dark side of the force, Ben... It's not too late...

Christmas Rose... bah humbug...

TIA,

--
Andrew Lietzow, Plantsman            http://hostahaven.com