Wind chill factor, minutes until frostbite, watts/sq meter of exposed skin?

Hi everyone,

As you try to stay out of the cold and wind, you might want to check out this
article about the "clunky wind chill index"...how it came to be, why it's
flawed,  and how different countries use it...or not.  The article was in our
local paper today, taken from the Wall Street Journal.  I had nooooo idea it
was all so complicated!

BTW, in western Minnesota last night, the wind chill factor was minus 60
degrees F.  How cold has it been for others?  Another article (it's big news
here) said:
Old-fashioned, nostril-stinging cold greeted Minnesotans on the first day of
winter as wind chills dropped to 60 below zero in western Minnesota.
Forecasters promised even colder weather in the next few days.Overnight lows
about 10 below zero or colder are on tap this weekend, and Christmas Day may
see a high below zero and a low approaching 20 below, forecasters said.

Ahhhhh, finally a REAL winter!!  Some believe the increase in "pests" hurting
our plants lately is because of our recent mild winters.  I hope this helps!

I hope you all have a warm and wonderful Christmas,
Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a

Click here: Minutes until frostbite favored over clunky wind chill index