Re: Computer trojans, worms, and the like.

NardaA@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/22/00 11:23:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> andrewl@hostahaven.com writes:
>
> << There are now over 50,000 MS-windows related viruses while
>  there are fewer than 5 Unix/Linux related viruses.
>   >>

> Andrew, did you know that if you drive a Packard then you have almost no
> chance of being in an auto accident.  However, there are lots of accidents in
> Fords, Chevs, etc.........N.

Along these same lines, Narda, we MAC users just chug happily along
simpy deleting all the clutter about the 50,000 windows viruses!  Seems
to me the best solution (Protection?) to this whole problem is just to
buy a MAC. Apparently nobody wants to do MAC users in the way they do
Windows users.  By the way your inverse logic involving Packard
Automobiles was GREAT.  Recalled fond memories of my youth when the
local Packard dealer actually asked me to drive a brand new '48 Packard
to a customer in a near by town.  Never, before or since, have I ever
been inside an auto of such obvious pure luxury. John Lanier

--
MissVitro Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory
John and Laura Lanier