hosta related

  • Subject: hosta related
  • From: Shishi@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:42:26 EST

dear friends,
today, while out with my crews, planting dormant leafless hosta (a difficult sale to the client) we saw the most amazing sight.
i heard them first, little cooing sounds like pigeons.  i told carlos, my leadman to look up.  there were about 50 sandhill cranes circling above us, catching thermals about 1:30 pm, here in cobb county. we watched them till they reached their altitude, and broke for south.
within minuets, another wave of perhaps 40, flying higher in 2 huge v's headed south.
this continued for 4 waves of these incredible critters, a total of over 200 sandhills.  what a magnificent sight.

hostas- my big time suppliers here dont want to sell them to me in fall or winter, because they look "bad."
i've just spent hours educating my clients about hostas, and now i cant buy unusual varities for them to enjoy next year, and forever.

What's the deal, guys??  one local wholesales carries a piddlin few varieties, but i'm installing 50-75 hostas, and i want some variety!!!
there, thats the hosta part of the sandhill crane message.

ho ho ho

Harry Abel
we do not create the beauty, we only point out the beauty God has created
        hand carved stone water basins            traditional bamboo water
garden accessories
        japanese maples         dwarf bamboos                hosta bonsai

psalm 150
rock and roll