The Hosta Journal

I think the latest issue has the best pix I have seen in a long while.
I have not read all the articles but I think there is a nice mix of science,
horticulture and reportage.
The one thing I find somewhat distressing is the policy that write-ups on tour
gardens can occupy only one page. Having been the editor, I know why this
policy was instituted=Most of such articles are BORRRRRRRRRRING. But some
authors have some interesting comments that are now edited out.

What did you all think of the Convention coverage?

I attended and thought the gardens were marvelously landscaped. I did regret
that there was a sameness. Everyone grows the same hostas---and little to be
seen of the newer hybrids.

What would you like to see at a convention----which costs an arm and a leg to
attend?  Speaking for myself, I'd like to see many unregistered hybrids. Also,
there were hardly any of Lachmans, K. Vaughn, Avent, Lydell, & on and on.

I was very disappointed to see the line up of gardens that will be on tour at
the Michigan convention next year. I have seen many of the gardens and am
aware about the others.
This will be one I shan't attend. BUT, if you've never been to an AHS
Convention, it will be fun for you.

Clyde Crockett z5 Indy IN