Re: The Hosta Journal

>I attended and thought the gardens were marvelously landscaped. I did
>that there was a sameness. Everyone grows the same hostas---and little to
>seen of the newer hybrids.
I'll agree with you on this one Clyde.  I was getting a little tired of
seeing (beautifully grown clumps to be sure)Sum and Substance, Sun Power,
Blue Angel etc.  Partly I'm sure because of my preference for small and
miniature hostas (Nance's did have a great selection of those) but also I
can see great clumps of these nearby.  Is there no formal program for
obtaining guest plants for convention gardens?
When I was at the Iris convention a few years ago each garden had
a selection of guests, either seedlings or very recent introductions
provided by the hybridizers.  At the end of the convention the plants were
either returned to the hybridizers, donated, or to be destroyed
whichever the hybridizer requested.  You certainly got to see some
wonderful things.