Re: expensive hostas are they worth the extra price?

With the possible exception of breeder plants like 'Dorothy Benedict', and I
emphasize the word "possible", I don't think price has anything to do with the
garden value of a plant. I think it's like asking if the stamp with the upside
down airplane is worth the price.  If you collect stamps and want it, yes, if you
are going to mail a letter, probably not.

The price of a hosta is a reflection of its rarity, not it's garden value.
Unless you have all of the terrific hostas that cost less than $25.00, or unless
you just want your neighbor to know you paid $75.00 for a hosta, I would say that
if you have to ask, the answer is probably no.

If you see a hosta that you really like, and you want it and can afford it, the
answer is yes.  Personally, I don't see how anyone can tell you whether an
expensive plant is worth the price.

Chick