Wayside Catalog

I always look forward to the Wayside catalog to find out what "rare"
hostas they're offering this year.  Well it finally arrived. Sagae and
tokudama Aureonebulosa are rare and choice, with Great Expectations being
"very rare".  I never realized that Inniswood is the most sought after hosta
in America either, it is very nice I just didn't know it was that popular.
The only one I can give them credit for truly,
almost, calling rare is Solar Flare since it's patented and only available
from a few sources.
Whenever I read this I feel incredibly sorry for people who pay their
prices for these rare hostas.  I guess I have to give them credit though
for expanding their offerings and listing some that aren't sold at the
local K-Mart or Home Depot, but give me a nice specialty catalog listing a
few hundred hostas anyday.