Re: More Comments on Wayside's Catalog

In a message dated 12/20/98 9:44:18 PM Central Standard Time, UNYHS@aol.com

<< . Have you ever ordered
 from them (Meum71)?  I have even bought Hosta on occasion where they had a
 plant that I wanted.  The specimen that arrived last time I ordered from them
 was so small and damaged in shipping that I felt compelled to write and share
 my concern.  They are a reputable company and did great by meeting my
 satisfaction.  You seem to have missed the whole point of those of us
 discussing them.   >>
Yes I have ordered from them and will not do it again.
But my point is that their prices do not only reflect the quality of their
plants but the cost of making those plants available to their customers E.G.
the cost of making their catalog and mailing it out.
I am in not way promoting wayside except to say that they put out a very nice
picture catalog.  My only problem with the tread is that some people fail to
see the difference between value and price and cost.
If you want to "HELP" Wayside then the proper way to do that is to tell them
to stop sending out their catalog for free or to make it less expensive to
produce and mail.
And spend that money on making their plant material better.

You get what you pay for-in waysides case it's the catalog you pay for.
When it comes to buying plants I am confident that you will get better plants
and a better price form those that love those plants - that is those smaller
specialty growers that raise those plants. --