Re: Genes

In a message dated 12/04/1999 10:52:02 AM Central Standard Time,
jmahosta@WinterberryFarms.com writes:

<< Mary,

 I agree.  Just because you can do something, does not mean that it is the
 thing to do.  If someone puts daylily flowers on Hosta without defeating the
 system that makes the flowers last only one day would, I think, be a fool.
 Hmm..  Why has no one fixed this problem in daylily?

I just wish to add two points:

Since Daylilies have such large and juicy flowers with soft tissue, I do not
know if we would want a flower that was more than a few days old-they would
start looking ratty in a short time.

Instead of "putting" daylily flowers on Hosta-which personally I do not think
I would like. A more practical consideration would be to increase the size
and color rang of Hosta flowers.

I do not for see the importation of daylily flowers on to Hosta-The number on
interdependent genes that this would require is just not practical.

Paul