Re: Pix in Library

In a message dated 12/18/99 10:38:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bobaxe@sbtek.net writes:

<<  A friend wanted to use some of the pix there for his/her catalogue and was
 > told NO! >>

I have a question about the above, how can a picture from the library
represent what a person has to sell?  To use a picture from the library would
mean IMHO that you would have to include a disclaimer that said something
like "this is a representation of the plant and not the actual plant."  When
I buy a plant I expect to see a photograph of the plant or a close relative
of the plant, or no photo at all.  One of the interesting things about hostas
is that they may or may not be exactly like the standard representation of
the plant or is there a standard representation for any plant.  I am afraid
that I am confusing myself here.  And now I am rambling, somebody help me out
here.

Narda