Re: Travel Joke

  A man was getting a haircut prior to a trip to Rome.  He mentioned the trip
 the barber who responded, "Rome?  Why would anyone want to go there?  It's
 crowded & dirty and full of Italians. You're crazy to go to Rome. So, how
are
 you getting there?"  "We're taking TWA," was the reply. "We got a great
rate!"
 "TWA?" exclaimed the barber. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are
old,
 their flight attendants are rude, and they're always late. So, where are you
 staying in Rome?"  "We'll be at the downtown International Marriott. "That
dump!
 That's the worst hotel in the city.  The rooms are small, the service is
surly
 and they're overpriced. So, whatcha doing when you get there?"  "We're going
 go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."  "That's rich," laughed
the
 barber.  "You and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the
size
 of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours.  You're going to need
 it."
    A month later, the man again came in for his regular haircut. The barber
 asked him about his trip to Rome.  "It was wonderful," explained the man,
"not
 only were we on time in one of TWA's brand new planes, but it was overbooked
and
 they bumped us up to first class.  The food and wine were wonderful, and I
had a
 wonderful flight attendant who waited on me hand and foot.  And the hotel-it
was
 great!  They'd just finished a $25 million remodeling job and now it's the
 finest hotel in the city.  They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized
and
 gave us the presidential suite at no extra charge!"  "Well," muttered the
 barber, "I know you didn't get to see the Pope."  "Actually, we were quite
 lucky, for as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder
and
 explained that the Pope likes to personally meet some of the visitors, and
if
 I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait the Pope would
 personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later the Pope walked through
the
 door and shook my hand!  I knelt down as he spoke a few words to me."
"Really?"
 asked the Barber.  "What'd he say?"  He said,
 "Where'd you get the lousy  haircut?"