Re: Silver Book and putting it "online"

Andrew Lietzow wrote:

The technology tools that allow one to
update a database and have that database be available as an HTML
document is out there, but it
is still pricey.

Hi Andrew
	I was thinking about this some more when I read this statement. I
update this page all the time. it is sent to me in an microsoft 97 excel
file on the internet from The Netherlands and I do a little to the file
in excel and then just go up to file>"save as" and convert it into an
html document which I upload. One drawback is the html files get large
very fast from all the excess code but it could be broken down into
letters of the alphabet easily enough.
	I was wondering which is the reason I am writing this is who owns the
registration files and data, private citizens, a university, the
government. I don't have a clue. I was thinking this had to be in a
spreadsheet or database already. I would think these might somehow be
available if the goal was to disseminate knowledge of hostas to as wide
of an audience as possible. This would sure save alot of work and time,
it could be available to all before nightfall.