Re: May Be a Bad One....Fwd: [hostapix] CD

Bob wrote:
> jerry hess wrote:
>  I should since I have the
> > same "not accessible--drive is not ready" with a 6
> > month old Compaq with Windows 98.
> Hi everyone
>         I just called tech support at Best Buy and the guy said some cd roms
> can't read cds made on a cd writer installed in a computer. I don't know
> if he knows what he is talking about but the best thing you could do is
> test it on another computer and if it works ok maybe someone could make
> you a copy locally or if you have a zip drive you could transfer it that
> way.
> --
> Bye
> Bob

Well, Here's my experience in all of this...I have the CD. Works great
in my 'puter at home. I took the CD to work with me so I could put some
of the pix on my 'puter there, for wallpaper. Well...the CD Rom on my
'puter at work couldn't read it very well. It took 5 minutes just for it
to be able to call up the listing to the letter "B" in Windows Explorer.
  Just so you all know. :)

Diane Frederick