Re: Hostas that deer don't like??

Another good deer repellent is Bittrex spray.  It's not easy to find, most garden centers don't know about it, but look for it.  It not only will repel deer, but also is a foliar fertilizer.  I've heard nothing but good things about it.  (I'm lucky to be in the city with no deer).
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: Hostas that deer don't like??

The more expensive the hosta the more they will like it.
I don't think I have a hosta they have not enjoyed at one time or another...
They don't like hostas sprayed with Hot pepper Wax (or alike home made
concoction). Or the Deer Repellent that Bachman's sells.
I know it is for ornamental trees..but works very well on the hostas. And
seems to hold up through the rains.
Deer Away was another product that came highly recommended from earlier posts.
Which could be obtained on the web somewhere, I recall.
Best of luck,

Zone 4