Re: Bringing Hostas Indoors

you should try to warm them up slowly  if you are to bring them in for forcing.

Alan & Vicky Cahanes wrote:

Hi Everyone, I have about 15 or so hostas that were left in therecontainers from last year that never got planted. I didn'tget outside and cover them with leaves or straw in timefor the first snow fall. Now I noticed that some of themare not covered with snow. What I want to know is canI bring the pots indoors and sit them in the heated basementin front of windows so they get light. They have been dormantsince November. I assume that's enough of a dormantperiod for them. If I bring them in, do I just let them thawout and start watering them. They won't get planted in theground until about June. Thanks,Vicky CahanesNew Richmond, WIzone 4a