Re: Future Hosta Market WAS Robyn's Nest Nursery dot com...

In a message dated 02/06/2001 6:30:52 AM Central Standard Time,
NardaA@aol.com writes:

 Paul, I notice that the landscaper down the road from me sells these common
 Hostas in two gallon pots for sixteen to twenty dollars-includes them in
 landscaping jobs so can get the higher price.  But he has to get his big
 somewhere, do you wholesale to landscapers?  N.

No, do not have the space for that type of production.  I wish I had a few
acres for production but alas its not so.

Most "common" plants that I sell are in one gallon cans or small pots.  This
spring I am selling off 200 'Honeybell' for $5.00 They all should have more
than 5 stems and be about 30 to 38 inches tall.  Hopefully this will be the
last year for this plant.

Over the last 10 years I have offered for sale around 600 diffrent varieties.
Some come and go-never to be replaced, one plant I do not like is Undulata
'Variegata' but people keep buying it so I keep getting more.

Plants that sell well include Francee, Minuteman, Elegance 'Blue Giant' and
Golden Tiara.  The last few years a lot of people have really been interested
in the two toned green plants.  'September Sun' and 'Paradigm' seem to be
very appealing to general gardeners.