Re: seedlings etc

Gerry - Thanks for the input.  Don't know why I always assumed Promix to
be sterile - I guess because it's a soiless mix, and peat moss has the
reputation of being sterile...  I only used the boiling water and
microwave because the mix was damp and the bag had been opened several
weeks earlier, and I was concerned about fungi. I certainly didn't
expect THIS little problem.  I've probably started thousands of seeds
over the years and only once before have I had something similar
happen.  That time the worms were green, it was gaillardia 'Burgundy'
and there was zero germination, so I blamed it on the seed.  Years ago I
grew gesneriads for resale and kept the pots on huge trays with felt
liners for constant bottom moisture.  At that time, I would on occassion
find these same critters swimming around when I watered the trays.  I'm
just rather amazed that the boiling water treatment didn't do the trick!