The Auction

For the life of me I cannot imagine why, but some of you are actually
bidding real money for me at First Look.  This started out as a joke
between Carol and myself, and neither of us thought any of you would
take it seriously.  Apparently we were wrong. And to tell you the truth,
some of the people who have been biding have handles that are a bit

Unfortunately, "an evening of dinner and conversation" means different
things to different people.  Because of my schedule and the activities,
the only thing that I could offer the high bidder is a seat at whatever
table I happen to sit at for the dinner program.  I hardly think that is
worth paying for.

Anyway, anyone who wants to talk to me can do it for free.  Since these
meetings are among the few times that I have to meet and talk to new and
old friends each year, I can't spend what little time there is available
with just one person, especially for the kind of money that you guys are
bidding, and especially if that person is "hotmale4u".

I am "letsgo" and I currently have the high bid.  I would prefer that we
leave it at that and I will donate the $30 to First Look and maybe learn
some kind of lesson from this. You would be much better off bidding on
"A Seat Among the Stars" and learning from some the the best hosta
breeders around.