Re: fast seedling growth

Chick wrote:

> I guess my first question is do I misunderstand what you are saying or
> have you really decided to name OP seedlings that are  3*" tall?

No, I don't plan to name them at this point. June is the month I will do all
my naming (just kidding) Presently, I am just growing, watching and learning.
The yingeri seedling has quite a bit of red in the petiole which could make
it a keeper for breeding purposes.

The Yellow River seedlings only real quality at this point is how large it is
comparatively to its siblings. Maybe it is a keeper if it has the potential
for being a giant green hosta. Since my stock in streakers is limited,
growing out a few green plants is not out of the scenario at this time.Which
ones to keep? Not much discussion has been exchanged here concerning quality
traits in solid color seedlings. Substance is one, golds and blues are
others. piecrusting is also popular this year. What other traits should I
watch for? Some hybridizers cull everything that isn't variegated, others
grow them all out for awhile. I fall somewhere in the middle.

Ray