Re: NEW ATTACKS AGAINST SCOUTS

Someone wrote:
There are plenty of "supremacist" & "hate" sites on the Internet. Please join and post to those.

Hi hosta lovers,

I feel compelled to speak up now, after reading another post from someone that resorted to cursing because they disagreed with Beth's views.  I think that many people are afraid to enter into this "discussion" for fear of being lambasted for expressing an opinion that others don't share.  The hosta-open has been a place for freedom of speech in the past, and in fact, I think we were all quite proud of that.  Now that she has voiced an opinion that is not held by some, she's getting cursed and accused of hating some people.  It's not about hatred or racism.  It's about behaviors considered by some (if not most) to be immoral.  (I wonder if you want the right to exclude people from your group because they don't hold your views).  Maybe the public funding issue should be discussed, but without name calling and swearing please.

Don't accuse me of hating someone if I don't agree with them about what behaviors are right or wrong.  And please don't hate me if I disagree with you.

Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a