Soil for Hostas

  • Subject: Soil for Hostas
  • From: CCREDUX@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:25:52 EST

Living in a clay-soil area, I have always looked for soil additives to amend soil. I think I have found a good thing, which has probably been around for a long time, perhaps clad in another name, i.e. , Forest Fines.What is this? It is really great to break down clayish soil.Not terribly dear, to boot.
What else do you add ? (I remember that someone once wrote that he thought people were throwing their money away to add ANYTHING to the soil. Perhaps he is right??)

Clyde Crockett