Gardening under Black Locust

  • Subject: Gardening under Black Locust
  • From: Andrea <maulwurf_1@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 18:29:04 -0800 (PST)

I am usually just a reader and post very seldom. My
husband and I are thinking about buying a new house on
a wooded lot. There are very few Oaks, some Box
Elders, which near the end of their lifespan, but
mostly Black Locusts. Is anyone here familier with
growing Hostas under Black Locust? I have experience
with Silver and Norway Maples, and would hate for the
root system to be as tough as that. Hope one of you
can give me some good news. The other question is
about moving my plants. I am anticipating to put in my
contract that I can come back to my house and dig out
plants up until June 1st. But now I am wondering if I
should just start digging my hostas up as soon as the
ground thaws, and try to keep them in pots. What do
you guys think about that?
Thanks in advance for any advice,

Do You Yahoo!?