Re: The Tiara Story

  • Subject: Re: The Tiara Story
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:44:50 -0500

Heck, I would have asked you. If you find out let me know.Had something similar happen to a really good 'Gold Standard' sport, but I was able to save a little piece and it's starting to grow again.
Looks like Lu is the owner of hostapix now. Will she keep the job? Don't think Clyde wants it. Looks like the Nelson/Treadway household has coralled the two biggest and best hosta lists. Don't know what's going through that nutty Canadian beerhound's head.
Think Jim still has Lime Tiara going? It sported from Emerald Scepter, did you have one of those and was that OK?

Hello Bill,
Remember that nice looking plant of H. 'Lime Tiara' that I had grown from a piece that Jim Hawes gave me? Well.....It wasn't looking good and went dormant early and I dug it up this fall and it had completely died. It was dry and crumbly and the crown turned to dust in my hands as I went through it looking for some living tissue. I would like to know what kind of fungal rot it died from.
Dan & Lu