Hosta Library funds

  • Subject: Hosta Library funds
  • From: Bob bobaxe@sbtek.net
  • Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 12:40:23 -0600

Hi Walter
It is an all volunteer effort on my part doing the library along with people sending in photos and people like Carol and Bill and George and others helping out. We all work together for the benefit of all, especially the people who contribute in some way.
Doing the work is different than paying the expenses. I don't have anything to do with the money, Barbara Jones takes care of that. I didn't want to be accused of an enron before there was even an enron. I do know we go out of our way to preserve any money spent and am very proud of our efforts in this regard. Plus I see nothing wrong with publishing the records. Hope to see your name on the list of donators when we do since you admit you enjoy using it. I feel if a person doesn't donate photos or money or anything they have very little stake in the library anyway.
By the way, why would anyone who doesn't have a computer donate or even care, as far as I know they don't even view the library. Plus I don't understand what situation we should explain about. Not much to it, if people see it and use it they might want to help support it. If not it goes until the money runs out and it closes.