fungus gnats

Dear Hosta fans
 Earlier Mary Chastain reported on the use of lysol to
control fungus gnats and other things. The solution she
used contained 0.1 % lysol and 80 % alcohol. Some of you
 used this liquid straight on the plant and had an
instant kill, of the plants I mean. Mary reported then
that she used it when bottom watering. As I have here a
contanier with about 10 liter! of lysol I have made my
own solution. I dissiolved 0.1% lysol in water , but
omitted the alcohol. 80 % alcohol will surely kill any
plant by contact! My solution does not kill any plant as
 I found out not even when sprayed on the leaves.
I am not sure yet or it will kill the gnats....
You might wonder why I have gnats , well there was a
 hole in one of the plastic bags all my seedlings are in!
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands