Re: threat, etc, etc.

Ben and fellow members of Hosta-open,

Ben, your arguments to date have shown that you don't have a clue as to who has
won the plagiarism debate between you and Jim Hawes.

Who is writing the articles that appear in the AHS Journal under your name?
It is obvious from your writings here that you are getting a lot of help. It
would be interesting to know who is behind the scenes in this debate on

Ben's plagiarism has put the American Hosta Society in a very bad situation.
Publishing plagiarized material could have been an innocent mistake on the part
of the AHS. Conspiring to cover up the fact that plagiarism has taken place is
not innocent and is going to get the AHS into deeper and deeper trouble.

Jim Hawes has tried to get this situation corrected by going to the AHS board of
directors with his complaints. Unfortunately this has resulted in no action
being taken by the AHS.  With the AHS controlling Jim's access to AHS members,
Jim was left with no choice but to go outside of the AHS and present his case on

I want to thank everyone on hosta-open for listening to Jim and Ben in their
public debate on plagiarism. I know it was interesting for some of us and not
interesting for others. I am always interested in learning more about the inside
workings of the AHS and I thank Jim for giving us his inside view. I am sure
there is still more to come.

I joined the AHS in 1995 and am a proud member. What I have learned about the
politics of the AHS since its founding in 1969 could fill a book. I am told we
are no different than other plant societies in this respect. People are people
wherever you go, at least we have hostas in common!

Daffodils are starting to flower here in zone 7. It won't be long and the hostas
will be starting their display!

What ever happened to that I.A.C. thing that was the rage a month or so ago?
No official word from the AHS. I guess real time response on the internet is too
much to ask.

Stay Tuned,

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE