Re: Heirloom bulbs address

I have had Fritillaria Crowned Imperials in my northern Ill. garden for
several years.  Bothe the Red-orange, and the yellow.  I do have to
replace them once in a while due to loss.  They are an exquisite plant.
Very distinctive, nothing like them.  As for the odor, it is only
objectionable on warm, calm sunny days.  Something that is rare in no.
Ill. in the spring.  I find the odor interesting.  It is supposed to
repel burrowing rodents, so if you have a problem with burrowing rodents
(voles) perhaps this can help.
Tom Micheletti
The Hosta Patch
Deer Park, IL