Re: TC /reversion/ starting something

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to stir much up controversy on
reversion.  It wasn't my topic line, I just used the same subject as the
message I was responding to, like I'm not supposed to do.  I think it was
from C.H.

I guess if I had to take a stand, it would be that I don't particularly like
the term "reversed", and "reversion" seems to be useful but troublesome.  It
assumes that you know the history of the plant.  For instance:  If you had a
plant of my 'Satisfaction', green with a yellow margin, and a shoot came up
all green, you might assume that it was a reversion.  But the fact is that
the plant came from 'Piedmont Gold' and only an all gold shoot would be a
true reversion.  I presume that an all green form would be another sport,
unless Piedmont Gold came from an all green plant and then it would be...

By the way, does the all green form of Piedmont Gold have a name?  I would
assume it has come out of TC.  Is anyone else growing it?