X files

I have been asked for a report on the X files.  Most of them are now about 6
inches tall.  They have been culled 3 times so I am now down to only 36.
There were over 100 at one time.  When I first started watching this group
most of them were in shades of green.  I think there were only about 10
bright yellow ones. The amazing thing is that even the very deep green ones
are turning bright yellow. As of now I only have a very few of the dark ones
left.  Some of the yellows have a lovely finish and some still have red
petioles. The substance on several of these is not as good as I like but even
they may prove interesting to use in the hybridizing program.
My very dark line started with about 150 and is also down to about 36.  Some
are proving to look really good. The finish on some shines while others are
dull. By the way they are growing in pro mix without magnesium being added.
Contrary to the assumptions made by some, I doubt that it is my unusual soil.
Besides the usually crosses that I always enjoy two other groups have caught
my attention.  On group is a combination of the streaked form of Lakeside Dot
Com by several different pollen parents. Since this was a late cross, I will
have to tell you more later. The other is from the dark streaked seedling
that would only Cross with one pollen.  Some of them are fantastic. Again
they are very young but showing wonderful substance and color combinations.