Mutant 'Mutant Ninja'

OK folks, here's a hosta related question:  I 'had' H. Mutant Ninja for about four
years now.   It never did particularly well for me, though I am not truly sure how
it is supposed to do, I do have a feeling that it should have been better than it
did for me.   I moved that plant around to many different locations to find one
that suited it and in which it would thrive.  Last year the plant took off like
gang busters, thing is it was no longer Mutant Ninja.  The plant came up looking
similar to H. Bridegroom only on a much smaller scale.  IMHO it is a very cute
hosta, but it is not Mutant Ninja.

Well I bet you all are wondering if there was a question in there some where well
there wasn't but here it comes.....   I keep reading and re-reading the article in
the Latest and Greatest Hosta Journal about 'reviving H. Galaxy.'   I am wondering
if the same heroic measures would possibly bring back my H. Mutant Ninja.   Would
the same theory or principal apply to a hosta which has stabilized or is this
revival method only applicable to unstable streaked plants?  I spoke with Van Wade
at the Winter Scientific regarding this and he thought it might be worth a try, as
in what could it possibly hurt.  Are there any other great opinions out there?
Also  I wouldn't do this to the entire plant, it is a cute mutation of the Mutant.

Mike Pinterics
Milwaukee, WI