Re: Bap 10

>Just to lay this to rest am I right in thinking grown hosta are
>treated at 3000ppm?

The concentration can vary from 1000 to 3000 ppm.  Some hostas will
respond well with the lower dose, some need the higher dose and some
may even require a higher concentration.  Start with 1000 ppm and if
it works try a lower concentration to see if you can get away with
using less BAP; if it doess't work well try a higher concentration
until you get some results.

>And seedlings at 1000ppm?

You mean new growth, not necessarily seedlings?  Seedlings can be
mature plants.  On new growth I would start with 1000 ppm.  The
concentration isn't all that critical within a certain range.

>And finally (for now) what type of sprayer do you use for the small

Q-tip!  Those things that you clean your ears with!  Work well for
applying BAP in small amounts.  It's difficult to spray the stuff in
small quantities and not get it over yourself.  Supposely it isn't a
dangerous chemical to use, but you still want to be careful.  I tried
some cheap perfune bottles with a pump action sprayer - it just didn't
work out well.  A good purfume bottle with a bulb type sprayer might
work better.  Q-tips are cheap, but they get to be a bit of a problem
if you have a lot of plants to treat.

Joe Halinar