APPRECIATION JOKE

 One afternoon a man came home from work to find total mayhem in his
 house.

 His three children were outside, still in their pajamas, playing in
 the mud with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the
 front yard. The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front
 door to the house.

 Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had
 been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In
 the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the
 family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing. In
 the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on
 the counter, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay
 under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back
 door.

 He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles
 of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she may be ill, or
 that something serious had happened.

 He found her lounging in the bedroom, still curled in the bed in her
 pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked
 how his day went.

 He looked at her bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?"

 She again smiled and answered, "You know every day when you come
 home from work and ask me what in the world I did today?"

 "Yes" was his incredulous reply.

 She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it."