suggestions for journal improvements etc

Dear Hosta friends
I have been reading your responses to my suggestions for
improvement of the journal. I am happy that this time I got several
misunderstandings must be dealt with:
1, I never asked nor will, for more scientific articles These I can find
in the more than 100 scientific plantjournals in the library just 25
meter from were I work. I only asked for informative articles about
hosta. This includes articles for the starters, I see very few of
these. I only objected to the large number of pages not devoted to
hosta. I am a member of several GARDEN societies and know that
there are other ways, putting all information about  people in the
yearbook and use the glossy Hosta journal for hosta. THe editor
should strive in to how few pages he can incorporate an article not
how can it  be spread on as many as possible pages. or to say it
otherwise: use the red pencil ( I never heard there was a shortage
of articles).
2. I never asked for a full reprint of my article on tetraploidy etc, nor
for a discussion of the article, although at least ten members have
a copy.  I only asked for mentioning in a single line that there was
such an article, written by one of the members (yes I am still a
member too) How many scientific  hosta articles are there
worldwide anyway? Can anyone give me a single reason why this
article has not  been mentioned so far , yet at the same time R
Grazini is speaking on tetraploidy at the Winter meeting so there
must be some interest for the subject!
3. I dont consider my articles for the AHS as being scientific, at
most popular scientific. Compare with my article on ploidy chimera.
 4. I never objected to paying my fair share including the higher
postal rates outside the USA ( pleas give the opportunity for
sending by boat) I only objected to paying taxes because some
were clever and got a life-membership and yet at the same time
USA members are given discounts. I f this continues I predict that
half the foreign members whose fees are now due, will not continue
5. THe AHS should ask itself why they have so few members (
Hosta Is the number one perennial!), why so few of the local
members are a member of the national society and why there is
such a low foreign participation.
^. For me there are strong parallels between the American public
society( Dont ask, shoot first), as exemplified especially during the
recent elections, and the behaviour of  the Hosta society and its
members. I must say in that respect I learned a lot!
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands