Re: suggestions for journal improvements etc

zonneveld@RULBIM.Leidenuniv.nl writes:

<< For me there are strong parallels between the American public
 society( Dont ask, shoot first), as exemplified especially during the
 recent elections, and the behaviour of  the Hosta society and its
 members. I must say in that respect I learned a lot!  >>

oooohhhhhh, Ben, now you are hitting below the belt.  There aren't many
countries in this world that could have endured what we just went through
with the election and not have it turn into a national crisis.  That is the
price we pay for the great degree of freedom, including the freedom to
partake of what the press has to offer, or to not  partake of the spin.  I
would not choose to live anywhere else in the world, well maybe Kentucky.

As to the hosta society, I view it more as a social group than a scientific
group.  I have two goals in mind, one I love to garden and two I love people.
 They are not the main goal of my life but they are my hobby.  I try to keep
that in perspective.

Considering that most of the people that I know on a daily basis do not even
know what a hosta is, I was happy to be a part of the convention last year
where everyone seemed to share my obsession and I loved it.

I agree that your articles should be published and that those of us who are
just hobbyist, in that we are not the scientific mind group but the dig in
the dirt type could learn from you if given the chance, or not, because we
would then have a choice.

Before I start looking and sounding like Andrew, I will shut up.  I am
smiling Andrew.  Ben just happened to rub me the wrong way.  N.