Re: suggestions for journal improvements etc

In a message dated 1/8/2001 4:53:12 PM Central Standard Time,
KateKlass@aol.com writes:

<<  Why would you assume the AHS has so few members? Isn't 3777 enough? How
 many have more? Why would you correlate the Hosta being the number one
 perennial with Hosta society membership? I have many iris's and daylillies
 but I am not a member of either society. Where did you get your data on the
 membership of Local Societies NOT being members of the AHS? And what is your
 meaning of so few? >>

No. 3777 members is not enough. (BTW where did you get that figure?) There
are many members of local hosta groups who are NOT members of the AHS.
I was a member of the AHS Board for 6 years and let me tell you that
increasing members is way down on the list of priorities. As I keep trying to
tell people like Kate, the AHS is an ol' boys' club and is happy with the
status quo.

Kate, before you sound off again, please get your facts straight and stop
maligning people whom you know not.

Clyde Crockett z5