Re: Hosta Sitter Question

In our club, (the Potomac Hosta Club) after 3 years in the "guest garden" the
plant is returned, divided into as many double divisions as possible, and is
sold at a members only auction.  The "sitter" gets to keep the smallest
double division.  Members are encouraged to show the leaves in the cut-leaf
show and keep notes on growth habits, etc.  We have always more than returned
the costs to the treasury and learned which cultivars grow best.

Kevin P. Walek