RE: quercis macrocarpa, Burr Oak

The Delaware Dept. of Agriculture offers many trees at great prices. I think
this is part of some federally funded program. Prices are great too but you
have to buy in lots of 100. We have 18 native oaks here in Delaware and we
also have many recognized hybrids that occur naturally. In our tree care
business we do sometimes cut down good trees. I think it is a real shame. I
try to talk people into keeping there trees every chance I get. Once we take
a tree out there is not much chance of return business. If I can get people
to want their trees and to care for their trees then I have a client that
will come back to us for tree care in the future.

One day soon I would like to plant at least one tree for every tree we
remove. One of our problems is getting good nursery stock at decent prices.
I hope to grow most of the trees we plant. At this point we probably plant
500 trees per year for our clients.