Re: Kalopanax

  • Subject: Re: Kalopanax
  • From: Shishi@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:47:37 EST

try aralia spinosa.
supposedly the largest flower of any native american genus, and the largest compond leaf of the same.
heads about 1 1/2' across, pink flowers with purple berries.  heights at maturity 12'??????
saw the japanese equivalent at the missouri bot gdn this summer.  same "exact" look.
also saw a very pricey variegated version at a commercial nursery in minnesoooota, a couple years ago.  all very thorny along the thin stalks.

Harry Abel
we do not create the beauty, we only point out the beauty God has created
        hand carved stone water basins            traditional bamboo water
garden accessories
        japanese maples         dwarf bamboos                hosta bonsai

psalm 150
rock and roll