Re: Question for Dr. Grewal

  • Subject: Re: Question for Dr. Grewal
  • From: Parwinder Grewal <grewal.4@osu.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:14:46 -0500

Yes, the rate of spread is about right and it depends mainly on the soil
type, slope and water.

No nematicide provides 100% control of nematodes, but there are no reports
on the development of resistance in nematodes under field
conditions.  Furthermore, the mode of action of ZeroTol is such that
resistance development is not really possible.

Regular applications of ZeroTol to infected plants will reduce spread of
the nematodes in a garden.  Plucking of infected leaves as soon as the
symptoms of nematode infection become clear followed by a thorough
clean-out in the fall can substantially reduce nematode spread.
                - Parwinder Grewal