Re: Question on H.Kathryn Lewis

  • Subject: Re: Question on H.Kathryn Lewis
  • From: LemkeIowa@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:40:57 EST

In a message dated 1/18/02 8:32:07 AM, pbracey@mtco.com writes:

<< or 'Katherine' Lewis. In the library photo description it states this
plant is a H.Halcyon sport, and the Lemke file says it's a sport of June.
Which is correct? TIA!

Somewhere is the distant past I learned>>>>>>Look before you leap.??

It does not appear that any one of the discussants took the time to go back
to the Hosta Library and look up 'Katherine Lewis'.  It carries my, ID 2541
CU and in parentage it states >>Sport of Halcyon.  On the bottom line it
states from a letter from Roger Bowden that the hosta was introduced by Alan
Lewis and named after his daughter 'Katherine Lewis."  So we have ID 2541 ES
Kathryn Lewis an error in spelling.

A copy of these PDf files is available at your request.

Here is item #7 of the Procrastinator's Creed::::: at first I don't succeed,
there is always next year.

Lemke's Hosta Database